5 tbsp Steward’s Lazzat pulao spices powder (50g)
1kg fish fillets (of your choice), cut into pieces, marinated in lemon juice and garlic paste then fried
750g soaked basmati rice, then half – boiled and drained
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
750g potatoes, cut into cubes, sprinkled with a little yellow colour then fried
3 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp vegetable oil
250g mixed vegetables
250g chopped tomatoes
250ml plain yoghurt
1 small piece cinnamon stick
2 – 3 cardamom pods
3 – 4 whole cloves
3 – 4 green chillies
Chopped coriander and mint leaves as needed
2 big onions, paste
50g Steward’s Lazzat fried onions
- In a bowl and mix the oil, ghee, crushed onions, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and stir. Add ginger and garlic paste, yogurt and mix.
- Add pulao spices, chopped tomatoes, green chillies, chopped coriander, mint leaves, fried fish and fried potatoes and stir.
- Marinate for ½ hr
- In a big cooking pot, pour marinade then layer with mixed vegetables.
- Layer again with the rice; sprinkle fried onions on top and 1 tbsp of melted ghee.
- Cover and simmer for about 1hr on low heat.
- Serve with pickle or tomato salad, cucumber and carrot salad.