6 tbsp Steward’s Lazzat kalia spice mix (60g)
1 ½ kg chicken/meat/fish cut into pieces
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp garlic paste
1 cup plain yoghurt (250ml)
1 small cinnamon stick
2-3 cardamom pods
2-3 whole cloves
2 tbsp lemon juice
1g of saffron soaked in 1 cup warm milk (250ml)
100g green peas
750g potatoes cut into cubes, mixed with yellow food colour and deep fried
2-3 hard boiled eggs (optional)
50g almond paste (optional)
4 tbsp oil
3 tbsp ghee
1 cup Steward’s Lazzat fried onions (50g)
2-3 big onions, sliced
Green chillies, chopped coriander and mint leaves for garnish
- Marinate chicken/meat/fish pieces with the kalia spice, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice and saffron milk for 2 hours
- Heat oil and ghee; add sliced onions and braise a little; add cinnamon stick, cardamom and cloves. Stir and add marinated chicken/meat/fish; some water and cook until tender.
- Add in fried onions, fried potatoes, boiled eggs, green peas, almond paste and stir until well cooked.
- Add in yoghurt and stir, add enough water and simmer for few minutes.
- Garnish with green chillies, coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with white rice or La Caze Mama Dal Puri or La Caze Mama Farata or rice accompanied with cucumber and greens salad.