50g Steward’s Lazzat achard spice mix (for fruits)
Or 25g Steward’s Lazzat achard spice mix (for vegetables)
800g mixed vegetables (shredded cabbage, carrots and green beans cut lengthwise or any vegetable in season of your choice) or mangoes or other suitable fruits
½ cup oil
6-7 garlic pods, sliced, 200g small onions, cubed
1 tsp crushed garlic
10g small green chillies slit
- In a colander mix vegetables with salt and allow to drain overnight.
- Dry in the sun for 2-3 hours if possible
- Mix masala with oil and garlic paste.
- Mix the spice paste thoroughly to the vegetables. Add in onion cubes and green chillies.
- Bottle tightly.
- Serve after 2 days for better taste. Can be enjoyed with a La Caze Mama Dal Puri for a typical Mauritian dish