3 tbsp Steward’s Lazzat daube spice mix (30g)
½ kg meat, cut into pieces
½ kg potatoes, peeled and fried
2 – 3 medium onions chopped
50 g fried onions
250g carrots, cut into cubes or juliennes and blanched (optional)
500g chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
½ cup Green peas (optional)
Chopped coriander and mint leaves as needed
5 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
- Marinate meat in ginger, garlic paste and chopped onions for half an hour.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker; add the marinated meat, stir on low heat. Add in close pressure cooker and cook until tender. Add fried onions and stir for a few minutes.
- Add daube spices, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and little water. Cover with lid and leave to cook for 10 mins on high heat for 10 mins till gravy thickens.
- Add chopped potatoes, peas, carrots, water and simmer for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chillies, chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve with La Caze Mama Dal Puri or La Caze Mama Farata or plain or saffron rice, accompanied with a green salad.