5 tbsp of Steward’s Lazzat haleem spice mix (50g)
750g meat/chicken with bones cut into pieces
1tbsp garlic paste
1tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp salt
20g black lentils
20g pigeon pea
20g yellow split peas
20g red lentils
200g cracked wheat (any indian grocery will will have this)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp ghee
10g garam masala powder
1 cup fried onions (50g)
Finely chopped spring onion, coriander and mint leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add meat pieces, ginger and garlic paste, salt and stir.
- Add in haleem spices and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add enough water to the mixture; close the pressure 15 – 20mins on medium heat.
- Remove from pressure cooker and allow cooking for on medium heat for 15 – 20 mins.
- Bring various peas, lentils and wheat to a boil in pressure cooker. Add 2 ½ litres of water and cook under pressure for about 15 – 20 minutes. After it’s cooked, add to the meat, add ¾ fried onions, mint and coriander leaves, mix and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Add ghee and mix. Add garam masala mixed with a little water. Allow to cook for a few minutes more.
- Garnish with rest of fried onions, chopped coriander and mint, spring onions.
- Serve with lemon slices and chilli sauce.